Thursday, September 22, 2011

Mac function keys working with debian / ubuntu terminal and byobu

A minor irritation, but as I have begun running longer jobs, and getting addicted to the excellent byobu adaptation of GNU screen, I've been frustrated that I can't access those easy function keys when I ssh in from my Mac.

I've pieced together a solution by reading this thread and this excellent resource.

Here is what works for me, using OS X 10.6, with Terminal declaring itself as "xterm-color":  in Terminal.app, go to preferences, and replace the F1 thru F4 mappings to:
33[11~
33[12~
33[13~
33[14~

EDIT:  Now I am using OS X 10.7, and my terminal is set to declare "xterm-256color", and what works for me now is the following:
33OP
33OQ
33OR
33OS

Where  33  is a <ctrl>[

No comments:

Post a Comment